This Course Has Passed.
This course has already run. Please contact us if you would like to express interest in this course.
Universal Credit for Private landlords & Letting Agents
We’re running two separate training courses, specifically for private landlords & letting agents, who are interested in developing their understanding of the key elements of this benefit, which includes help with housing costs, replacing, as it does, Housing Benefit for working age claimants.
Full details can be found here
Costs per delegate is £75 (inclusive of VAT).
You’ll find the programme (below) lasts 2 hours and will be delivered via Zoom. Numbers of delegates will be limited to no more than 16 to ensure the session is interactive from the outset, allowing questions throughout.
Key Course Content
This course has been specially created to address the areas of greatest concern and how these can best be tackled:
- What happens if your tenant fails to validate his/her claim or fails to make their claimant commitment?
- Why are 20% of all new claims refused at the first hurdle?
- How best to set up a tenancy agreement involving UC tenants?
- How can you ensure direct payment is made to you from the first month?
- What is Tier 1 factors & Third-Party Deductions and how can you maximise?
- Starting and ending a tenancy and safeguarding the “housing costs element”.
- Protecting yourself against overpayments and attempts by DWP to recover from you.
- How to effectively make complaints and appeals.
Need further information?
You’ll find more details here – https://universalcreditacademy.com but feel free to contact us on 01698 424 301 or 07733 080 389 (phone line open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri). Bookings can also be made via the same UC Academy website.
UC Advice & Advocacy Ltd